CMST staff supervise postgraduate research students whose thesis topics are often directly linked with industry research projects. The students are enrolled in Masters or PhD degrees through the School of Earth and Planetary Sciences.
The involvement of a research student on industry projects is only with agreement of the project sponsor, and provides excellent research training and motivation for the student in addressing real-world needs to well-defined schedules. Approximately 50% of our research students are from overseas. Several students are enrolled part-time whilst working in the marine industry.
If you are interested in studying at CMST towards a PhD or Masters qualification, please follow this procedure:
- Review the information for Australian residents or international students provided below.
- Identify a suitable research topic and supervisor from the left-hand menu.
- Ensure you will be able to meet any tuition fees and living expenses (see below) – there may be some scholarships you can apply for.
- Make contact with the CMST staff member by whom you would like to be supervised. Please ensure you provide the following information:
- Your contact information,
- Current degree(s) and institution(s),
- Degree(s)/position you are seeking,
- TOEFL or IELTS score (English language proficiency test) (if applicable),
- Your research interests,
- When you want to start, and
- Anything else you think we should know.
General information: http://postgrad.curtin.edu.au
Application procedure: http://research.curtin.edu.au/graduate/hdrguidelines/overview.cfm
Other expenses: You will need to be able to support your living expenses while you are studying – accommodation, groceries, etc.
Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships are available
General information: http://international.curtin.edu.au
Application procedure: http://international.curtin.edu.au/applying/postgraduate.cfm
Other Expenses: You will need to be able to support your living expenses while you are studying – accommodation, groceries, etc.
Scholarships: A very limited number of scholarships are available for international students and there is a lot of competition.
More information is available in the International Prospectus Booklet.