The Centre has built up a vast range of expertise in various technical areas relating to stereoscopic 3D imaging (including: displays, cameras, video processing, etc). The Centre operates a research laboratory which includes a wide range of stereoscopic imaging technologies.
The Centre offers the following stereoscopic imaging related products and services:
- Underwater stereoscopic video cameras and other stereoscopic video products
- Training on stereoscopic 3D imaging topics (e.g. the ‘Stereoscopic Display Application Issues‘ short course which runs in California annually)
- Technical assessment of stereoscopic technologies (including 3D displays)
- and more…
The Centre has recently established the company DeepVision3D to commercialise the Centre’s stereoscopic camera technologies.
Current and recent projects
- The development of application-specific stereoscopic video solutions
- The technical review of new stereoscopic technologies
- Providing technical advice to solve specific customer problems relating to stereoscopic imaging
- Assessing the image quality of new stereoscopic display equipment
- Providing training on stereoscopic 3D imaging topics
- Investigating and improving the stereoscopic image quality of various stereoscopic display technologies
Our work has received support from a range of sources including:
- WA:ERA (Western Australian Energy Research Alliance)
- iVEC (The hub of advanced computing in Western Australia)
We have supported the stereoscopic technical work of a wide range of clients in the following fields: industrial (oil and gas, terrestrial mining), consumer electronics (3D display manufacturing), medical, entertainment (3D cinema and consumer solutions), etc.