Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
CHARACTERISATION OF RECORDED UNDERWATER SOUND (CHORUS)
SOFTWARE LICENCE AGREEMENT
SINGLE USER LICENCE AGREEMENT
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS CHORUS SOFTWARE AGREEMENT SHOULD BE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING THE ATTACHED SOFTWARE PACKAGE. BY INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE PACKAGE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENCE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENCE DO NOT INSTALL THE SOFTWARE PACKAGE.
1. Licence. The CHORUS software is licensed, not sold, to you by Curtin University (‘the University’). This licence applies regardless of the format upon which the CHORUS software is provided, for example digital download, disk, compact disc read only memory, or any other media, as the case may be. All copies, modifications, enhancements and distributions of the CHORUS software are subject to the terms and conditions of this Licence.
1A. The Mathworks, Inc. Software License Agreement. The CHORUS software contains material which is the property of The Mathworks, Inc., including but not limited to MATLAB Runtime Compiler Libraries (MCR), and provided to the University under the terms of The Mathworks, Inc. Software License Agreement. Inasmuch as the CHORUS Software contains proprietary material of The Mathworks, Inc., you will only use the software for your own internal purposes, and you agree to employ no less than reasonable security measures to protect it.
2. Use. This Licence grants to you as an individual or other legal entity a non-exclusive right to install and use the CHORUS Software upon one personal computer (PC). Permission to use extracts or to create a derivative based on the CHORUS software or part thereof, must be sought in writing from the University.
3. Copies. You are allowed to make one (1) copy of the CHORUS software in machine readable form for backup purposes and one (1) copy for use on a portable or home computer. You must clearly reproduce on the backup or copy disk any copyright information shown on the original media of the CHORUS software.
4. Restrictions. Except as expressly permitted in this Licence, you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, modify, adapt, translate, rent, lease, loan, or create derivative works based on the CHORUS software or part thereof. You may not, whether in whole or part, transmit the CHORUS software over a network or from one computer to another. Failure to adhere to these restrictions will entitle the University to terminate this Licence without prior notice. The University may, at its own discretion, provide the customer with updated copies of the CHORUS software.
5. Termination. You agree that if any term or condition of this Licence is breached then the Licence shall terminate automatically. The University reserves the right to terminate this Licence by notice in writing to you. Upon a breach or written notice of termination you shall destroy the CHORUS software and all accompanying written materials. The provisions of clauses 6, 7 and 8 of this Licence shall survive termination.
6. No Warranty. The University does not warrant that the CHORUS software will be error free, that its use shall be uninterrupted, that it shall meet your requirements if they are other than as set out in the User Instructions, that it shall operate in combination with other programs of your choice or that it shall provide any function not designated in the User Instructions. Please request to peruse a copy of the User Instructions if you are in doubt. INSOFAR AS LIABILITY UNDER OR PURSUANT TO ANY ACT OF PARLIAMENT OR REGULATORY LEGISLATION WHETHER OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA OR ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF THE UNIVERSITY AND YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH BY THE UNIVERSITY OF THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE, AT THE UNIVERSITY'S OPTION, REPLACEMENT OF THE MEDIA, REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE CHORUS SOFTWARE. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY PROVIDED BY THE UNIVERSITY AND THE UNIVERSITY AND ITS LICENSORS, IF ANY, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE UNIVERSITY SOFTWARE AND ANY ACCOMPANYING WRITTEN MATERIALS. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. ACCORDINGLY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Where any Act of Parliament implies in this Licence any term, condition or warranty, and that Act avoids or prohibits provisions in a contract excluding or modifying the application of or exercise of, or liability under such term, condition or warranty, such term, condition or warranty shall be deemed to be included in this agreement, subject in all circumstances to the provisions of clause 6 hereof relating to any breach.
8. Limitation of Remedy and Damages. The University, its employees, servants, agents and licensors, as the case may be, shall in no event be liable to you for any consequential, incidental, indirect or special damages whatsoever (including without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, anticipatory profits, business interruption, loss of business information and the like) whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, arising out of the use of or inability to use the CHORUS software or any accompanying written materials, regardless of the basis of such and whether the University or any employee, servant, agent or licensor of the University may have been informed of the possibility of such damage. You agree that liability of the University for any direct damages arising from any cause whatsoever, regardless of the form of action, will be limited to the greater of $100 or the amount of money paid for the CHORUS software. THIS CLAUSE WILL NOT APPLY TO PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS WHERE THE LAW OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH THE SOFTWARE WAS SOLD PROHIBITS SUCH EXCLUSION. THIS CLAUSE WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXCLUSION OF INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGES WHERE THE LAW OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH THE SOFTWARE WAS SOLD PROHIBITS SUCH EXCLUSIONS.
9. General. This licence shall be subject to the applicable laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and the laws of the State of Western Australia, except for the body of law relating to conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement is held invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, this agreement shall remain otherwise in full force apart from such provision which shall be deemed deleted. If you are a U.S. Government user then the CHORUS software is provided with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS" as set forth in subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software-Restricted Rights clause at FAR 52, 227-19 or subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at FAR 252.277-7013, as applicable and as may have been amended, varied or supplanted from time to time.
10. Copyright and Acknowledgement. CHORUS software © Curtin University 2015, MATLAB®. © 1984-2014, The MathWorks, Inc. All rights reserved. Commercial organisations, consultants and contractors using CHORUS for the purpose of audit (whether performed for consideration or not) must acknowledge the Centre for Marine Science and Technology, Curtin University, as the creator of the original software CHORUS on all material delivered to the end user (their client). The University’s rights to this deployment are governed by a license Agreement between the University and MathWorks Inc.
I have read the Single User Licence Agreement and accept its terms.
Please acknowledge the source of this software if you publish anything that makes use of it.