Since its foundation in 1985, the Centre has earned a reputation as a group which responds quickly to industry and Government needs, producing the required outcomes on time and on budget. It conducts research and consulting in the following areas:
- Marine soundscapes
- Marine mammal bioacoustics
- Underwater acoustic modelling
- Marine habitat mapping
- Stereoscopic imaging
- Marine ecology
- Terrestrial bioacoustics
- Hearing in marine fauna
Three modes of operation are available:
- Commercial-in-confidence consulting, research and development.
- Accessing state and federal government grant schemes.
- Postgraduate student research.